SSHRDN is recognizing human rights defenders that have stood out in the year 2023. Defenders that have shown outstanding efforts, achievement and/or leadership in the promotion of human rights, equality, non-discrimination and diversity. Our human rights awards recipients will serve as examples to all human rights defenders and all the other actors of the importance of promoting human rights in South Sudan
The awarding committee will recognize recipients in nine awards categories.
- Lifetime/Veteran Award
- Outstanding Human Rights Defender of the year
- Women HRD of the year
- HRD of the year for Persons with Disabilities’ Rights
- Greater Equatoria HRD of the year
- Greater Upper Nile HRD of the year
- Greater Bar El Ghazaal HRD of the year
- Climate Champion HRD of the Year
- Upcoming Youth HRD of the Year:
Here are the different category description
- Outstanding Human Rights Defender of the Year: This award recognizes an individual who has shown exceptional dedication and commitment to the promotion and protection of human rights in their community or on a larger scale. They have made significant contributions to advancing human rights causes in South Sudan.
- Women HRD of the Year: This award honors a woman who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and advocacy in the field of human rights. She has played a significant role in addressing gender-based discrimination and promoting women’s rights.
- HRD of the Year for Persons with Disabilities’ Rights: This award acknowledges an individual who has made outstanding efforts to advocate for and defend the rights of persons with disabilities. They have worked towards creating an inclusive and accessible society.
- Greater Equatoria HRD of the Year: This award recognizes a human rights defender from the Greater Equatoria region who has made significant contributions to advancing human rights in their area.
- Greater Upper Nile HRD of the Year: This award is for a human rights defender from the Greater Upper Nile region who has shown exceptional dedication to the cause of human rights in their region.
- Greater Bar El Ghazaal HRD of the Year: This award acknowledges a human rights defender from the Greater Bar El Ghazaal region who has made notable efforts in promoting and protecting human rights in their region.
- Lifetime/Veteran Award: This award is given to a seasoned human rights defender who has dedicated a significant portion of their life to the human rights cause. It recognizes their long-term commitment and contributions.
- Upcoming Youth HRD of the Year: This award highlights a young (Age should be between 18 -30 years) and emerging human rights defender who has demonstrated passion, innovation, and commitment to advancing human rights. It aims to encourage and support the next generation of human rights advocates.
- Climate Champion HRD of the Year: This award is presented to an individual who has been a prominent advocate for climate justice and environmental rights. They have made substantial efforts to address climate change and its impact on human rights in South Sudan.
FILL IN THE 2023 HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS’ AWARDS NOMINATIONS FORM USING THIS LINK
Nomination Deadline: October 31st 2023
If you have any questions, please contact the awards committee at +211926222593 or email [email protected]