- 27 / 02 : South Sudan Human Rights Defenders Network welcomes decision to scrap S.54 and 55 of the National Security Service Act,2014 on Arrests.
- 15 / 12 : South Sudan Human Rights Defenders Awards 2022
- 25 / 11 : Press release on the 16 Days of Activism global Campaign against Gender Based Violence.
right to life
South Sudan Human Rights Defenders Network (SSHRDN) is a non-profit, non-political civil society network that is identified by the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC) with the registration number 2284. It is a coalition of civil society organizations and individuals working to protect promotion of human rights in South Sudan.
SSHRDN was established as an independent entity partnering with international and regional Human Rights Power Houses. Amongs them include the Ugandan based Pan African Human Rights Defenders Network (PAHRDN) and DefendDefenders.
WHAT WE DO
SSHRDN builds the capacity of its members to manage their personal and organizational security. READ MORE
Protection and Emergency response
SSHRDN works to provide rapid and emergency response support to HRDs within its membership. READ MORE
Research & Advocacy
SSHRDN conducts periodic research and uses the findings to carry evidenced based advocacy on the situation of Human Rights Defenders in South Sudan. READ MORE
Without the generosity of our donors, we would not be able to undertake our campaigns to challenge corruption through protecting and defending the human rights across South Sudan.
Donate now through PayPal with the button below:
We currently have a membership of over 60 organizations from the States within the country with many more looking forward to join.
- JUBA – CENTRAL EQUATORIA STATE
- TORIT – EASTERN EQUATORIA STATE
- BOR – JONGLEI STATE
- YAMBIO – WESTERN EQUATORIA STATE
- WAU – WESTERN BAR EL GHAZEL STATE
- BENTIU – UNITY STATE